WHO WE ARE:
We are a hopeful, supportive, safe, accepting faith community that challenges with love. We have 3 goals which drive us as a community:
1. To CONNECT with each other building relationships and helping young people realize how absolutely incredible they are and encouraging everyone to be comfortable being themselves.
2. To GROW in our relationships with Christ and with each other as a loving and Christ-centered community where we can support and care for one another both in church and in our daily lives at school and at home.
3. To SERVE each other and those in our schools, community, and world.
WHAT WE DO:
Youth group at First Methodist is a safe and accepting place to come and spend time together as we grow in and explore our faith.
- We have youth group activities all year round!
- For most events, Jr. High meets in room 315-316 & Sr. High meets in 318-319.
- We meet most Sunday evenings from 5:30-7:30
- During the school year, we have Sunday School on Sunday mornings from 10:15-11:15
- During the summer, Jr. & Sr. High students meet together for Sunday School meets in the balcony for the first 15 minutes of service then heads to the 530 Lounge Youth Room 318-319
- We also have retreats, lock-ins, mission trips, service projects, game nights, small groups and bible studies.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions or for more information. We’d love to take you out to Starbucks, Chocolate Moose, or McDonald’s and chat!
YOUTH MINISTRY TEAM! WANT TO HELP?
We are always looking for people with a passion for nurturing youth who want to be partners in our youth ministry! Helping can be as simple as praying for our youth or something more involved like organizing volunteers or meals. Contact Andrew and Leah at abunger [at] indiana [dot] edu if interested!
Andrew & Leah Bunger: Sr. High Youth Ministry abunger [at] indiana [dot] edu 812-332-6396
Dave LaSuertmer: Jr. High Youth Ministry firstname.lastname@example.org 812-332-6396
Scholarships for College!
A number of scholarships for university students are available each year. The First Methodist Scholarship Committee reviews applications and awards students every summer.