Members of United Methodist Women (UMW) of First United Methodist Church work together to turn faith, hope, and love into action on behalf of women, children, and youth in Bloomington and around the world.
United Methodist Women:
- Offers programs to support spiritual growth and fellowship.
- Studies issues affecting women, children, and youth through Conference and District meetings and retreats, Mission u, the UMW Reading Program, and local programs.
- Supports missions in Indiana, nationwide, and around the world, including the Lucille Raines Residence in Indianapolis, Red Bird Mission in Kentucky, and Africa University in Zimbabwe.
- Works for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to address issues such as human trafficking and domestic violence and to promote gender justice, racial justice, and other human rights issues.
UMW has five circles that meet monthly:
- Aldersgate, fourth Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- Bethany, first Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
- Lydia, second Friday at noon
- Phoebe, last Wednesday at noon
- Circle of Love, meets online
A sixth group is for Members at Large.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org